|->>Navigation Help<<-|

Welcome to Combineset© game!
To navigate around the website, please refer to the Navigation Menu at the right.

Thank You!

Upcoming Events

No Upcoming events Planned. Check this place often for future updates.

Thursday 18 December 2008

☛Journey Towards Ruins☚

Published by Lord of Flames under on 4:18:00 am
--
☥Return of Questmaster☥
Journey Towards Ruins
Prequel to the ☗Legend of Abyss☗
A great day at GunBound City, if it was not so doomed by the fires of the Chaos on the that very day. Ah, I remember the gardens that I have just started to grow with advice from a new resident from the nearby village. He's a farmer and have talent in teaching people how to farm. Pity, he was slain in battle on that day. Perhaps he made an unwise move, coming to this city.

The attack was totally unexpected. By Durnik's Hammer, they stroke without a sound, the guards fell without so much more than a whimper.
Nevertheless, the heroes in the city felt a evil presence, as do I. Such presence do not often appear in this city but those venture out of this city and battled for the creatures beyond know what does this presence signify - Monsters abound.

Oh, we put up a great fight alright. The townsmen ran, not knowing anything about combat, having living in this city for their entire lifetime. They ran and I'm glad they ran, we were too busy fending off the monsters to have time to coax to run.
Some of the unfortunate civilians were killed as the monsters sole purpose is to kill, and kill it did. Many lives were lost that day.

Seeing that the city is lost, I called for all the defenders to flee, I wager we can always take back this city.
It was then, a black ruby dragon appeared. Not good, a extreme rare monster presence never do good. It had a rider. I couldn't see clearly though. No matter, we're running, a black ruby dragon would difficult to defeat alone, not to mention the rider. Not to mention the rampaging monsters everywhere.
The city was in blaze, the city gates can't hold much longer either, the sheer weight of the dragon is crushing it.
Then the rider saw me, I don't how I knew but I could feel its gaze.
The next moment I knew, the dragon was coming for me. I cast haste on myself and jumped to a crumbling tower roof.
The dragon below slammed its head on the concrete floor. Hah!
But it would take much more than to take it down. I jumped once more, onto the outskirts of the Gunbound City.
That's when the rider cast Star Blight. Darn! Not many people know such a spell.
I was blinded slightly by the outburst of light out of nowhere and all of sudden, there was no light as if light itself have been sucked from its very existence.
Knowing that , standing still would do me no good other than getting caught, I moved quickly, hoping that the darkness would soon disappear...

Then I heard a chilling voice, "Pitiful, once a great hero who helped slain the dark king in Shadow Realm, and now a blind fool. Have you not come to your senses, Questmaster, serving the Order will bring nowhere, serving the Boundless on the other hand...." He left it hanging but what he said was enough to freeze me on my tracks.

The Boundless, impossible, just a tale. No one seen him, not to mention even knows such a name.

I laughed at the unseen speaker, "You're from the Chaos Faction, isn't it? Why do you lie it so? Who're you, anyhow?"
A smug from the other side, "We're and we're not. You know not even a speck of the reality of this wretched world. Shall I bring you to the Boundless? And feel how true he is?" came the reply, along with a mad laughter.
I did not reply, I had an idea. A bold idea to make me escape. I begin to cast...
"Such feeble attempts will bring you no good. You can't harm as long as you can't see, MORTAL..." - he spoke with contempt.
"ha, you mistaken me. I'm off!" I replied.
Here's comes the bold part.

Truth was I teleporting blindly. Oh well, let's see where fate would put me into...

Light....My eyes was blinded by the sudden intense light after seeing total darkness for so long.
It took me some time for my eyes to adapt to the normal lighting here.

And I see a guild, or should I see a destroyed guild.

Durnik's Hammer! This is where the once glorious Keepers of Time once resided!
What had happened to it. It's all in ruins.

I went in and explored. Looks abandoned, no sight of a living thing in there.

It was then, I notice a single book laying on the shelves in a room.

It writes ⚠Abyss⚠" - by Alex, DragonSlayer.

Wonder what's inside and how come it is the only book left?
Curious, I read on....
The Story continues in the ☗Legend of Abyss☗...

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

|->>Navigation Menu<<-|


Return to Top
Upcoming Events
Entries
Archive
Post Categories
Links
Secret War Journal
Hide Menu